Friday, June 03, 2011

Interesting May...

It's been awhile. Since my last post, I've traveled north to see some of my family, brothers, four of my five children, two of my three grand children, my nephew, and friends, much missed since my move south.


Things are back to "normal" now, but May was certainly interesting. I'm told that this is the wettest spring ever here by long time residents. One evening in early May, during a heavy thunderstorm, the power went out, and stayed out for about 12 hrs. During that time, in one half hour period, more than two inches of rain fell, and the storm sewers in the street in front of and on either side of our house were completely clogged shut.


Flood, front yard 1
Flood, front yard 2
Flood, back yard 1
Flood, back yard 2
I have more pictures of the flood, but these should suffice. We were very lucky, as this has been the worst tornado and storm season in many generations.


On a brighter note, it is also prom season...;-)


Prom season; personified by my nephew.,,
 All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.--Friedrich Nietzsche 

No comments: